High Performance Mustangs Inc.  

Go Back   High Performance Mustangs Inc. > Coyote / LSX Swaps

Coyote / LSX Swaps Doing a swap, post em in here.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:33 AM
HPMustangs.com
Owner and Founder

Default New Edge 99-04 Coyote Swap Info

Ditching my 2V venture in favor of 17+ Coyote. Compiling a lost of whats needed. Please feel free to chime in.

- Coyote Crate Engine

- Coyote Control pack - Ford has outdone themselves with how easy they have made it to power up and run a Coyote Swap!!!

- Swap Headers, BBK has designed a set of 1 3/4 for the 94-04 (99+ need tubular K member).

- Swap X Pipe, BBK offer one as well but is only available in 3". This will require a new 3" cat back. In my case I am retaining my Bassanni Cat Back and ordered a set of spintech ball and socket 3-2.5" reducers - Spintech ABC3025.

- Trunk mount battery kit as the intake box on the Coyote will be routed to drivers front corner. There is ways around this but most will require a dyno tune after changing maf orientation.

- Gas Pedal bracket if you dont want to cut the pedal to achieve full travel. SVE as well as Scramspeed offer them. I have went with the Scramspeed.

- Coyote Fuel Rail to AN Adaptor. There is a variety out there for example the #RUS-640853 (6AN). I will be going with 8AN or larger to mate to my already existing modified fuel system.

- Adjustable Fuel pressure Regulator and whatever plumbing you decide to go with.

- Power by hour front accessory bracket kit to retain factory new edge alt, ps pump and AC.

- Tach signal will need to be addressed, I am finding mixed info on this. I have located 1 individual (Paul Ferris - Coyotify) who has created a part that is suppose to work well. I will have to advise more when it arrives and I have time to look it over.
There is also info that #10 pin on the 70 way pcm connector should give you a clean tach signal. Again I cant confirm this.

- Gauges seem to be happiest by retaining the factory ECM and providing power to it as well as sensor inputs from the Coyote

- 2011+ Coolant Overflow tank. I personally find them very unappealing and will find a more aesthetic alternative. Procharger makes a nice piece but I do not want the Procharger embossed logo...
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 AM
Respected Member

Can you run a stand alone system like a holley ? then run a digital dash and that will give you the best of both world? all gauges and tach in screen and unlimited tuning adjustments
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 AM
HPMustangs.com
Owner and Founder

Im still digging into a lot of this stuff. I have been doing a lot of net surfing and I gotta say todays tech really sucks compared to what once was. I dont know if the tech heads are gone or if everyone just pays a shop these days. I really thought there would be a forum dedicated to the conversion by now.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Respected Senior Member

Are you going to leave it N/A or put the YSI on it?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
HPMustangs.com
Owner and Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lucky View Post
Are you going to leave it N/A or put the YSI on it?
N/A and enjoy the 2 year ford warranty, iron out any bugs and just enjoy the car again. After the 2 year warranty add a Roush/TVS style blower.

650 to the tire is all I want for my end game. Hp #'s don't impress me anymore, just seat of the pants - fun feeling. The Ysi noise and blow off valve drove me crazy. The YSI is an awesome blower, I'm just old now. Haha
Old 01-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Respected Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipes View Post
N/A and enjoy the 2 year ford warranty, iron out any bugs and just enjoy the car again. After the 2 year warranty add a Roush/TVS style blower.

650 to the tire is all I want for my end game. Hp #'s don't impress me anymore, just seat of the pants - fun feeling. The Ysi noise and blow off valve drove me crazy. The YSI is an awesome blower, I'm just old now. Haha
I feel the same way, why the Z06 and Viper are a good fit for me now. The older I get, the faster they get.