High Performance Mustangs Inc.  

Go Back   High Performance Mustangs Inc. > Vehicle Forums > Mustang GT

Mustang GT Discuss the 1994-2004 Ford Mustang GT

Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm your pusher...

Default Whats the next step

OK so this Mustang is pretty complete from a brakes/suspension and wheels & tires point of view. What I want to work on next is making some more power. I got some very fast friends and I dont want to be last. I also want to be under $3500 out the door... I'm chasing these cars.

335I that will be a full bolt on car.(low 400 rwhp range)
Nismo 370Z with TT's (high 400rwhp maybe into the 5's) being installed now
350Z with a Stillen Blower(low 400's)
SRT4 Neon (built motor, big turbo low 400's),
Civic Si with a blower & fmic setup. (mid 300whp)
Lastly a EVO9 MR with cams, meth, full exhaust (400's)

These are very fast cars and I am not willing to be last LOL. So do I go with

1. Blower (find a used kit)
2. Turbo (On3 Performance)

I need to be around 425whp range no more than 450 to keep the block together. More importantly I want it to be reliable and on pump gas. car currently has AFR 165 heeads, 1.7 rockers, BBK CAI, 70 MM TB. Stock cam, injectors, fuel pump and mass air. Give me some thoughts, opinions and proven combos.

Ghost, feel free to go ballistic here!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
HPMustangs.com
Owner and Founder

I can't argue with a turbo, but I have always seen the 5.0's respond very well to an S trim and god knows they are available at some very reasonable prices these days. With the current mods, I don't see why the S trim wouldn't bring you to rite where you want to be.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
BRUTAL TURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipes View Post
I can't argue with a turbo, but I have always seen the 5.0's respond very well to an S trim and god knows they are available at some very reasonable prices these days. With the current mods, I don't see why the S trim wouldn't bring you to rite where you want to be.
I have to agree with Wes but for the price of the On3 turbo kits i really dont think you can go wrong either way
My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and fuc%ed his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now fuc%in' pay me.
Fore Innovations Dealer
2011 Honda Accord (The Daily)
2013 Jeep Overland (Wifes whip)
Old 01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Respected Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal DSG View Post
I have to agree with Wes but for the price of the On3 turbo kits i really dont think you can go wrong either way
I'm not shooting down the idea, and i know you have way more experience then me but i heard with those on3 kits people have nothing but fitment issues..

i would also say go with the S trim, maybe a different pulley, some odds n ends here n there and really squeeze some power out of it
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 PM
HPM Supporting Member

used s trim, power pipe, ais meth kit, some high 40 to low 50 injectors, gss340 with an external pusher, regulator, and a tune. Its a tried and true combo that can get you 450 easy with as little as 8lbs, and be super safe tune wise...

I love turbos as much as the next guy, but it just wont happen for 3500...
Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm your pusher...

Found a used/new S trim kit for an SN-95 we"ll see what happens
Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Respected Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VTerror View Post
Found a used/new S trim kit for an SN-95 we"ll see what happens
What year car is this? 94-95?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm your pusher...

Yes Glenn... 95 to be exact!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Truly Dedicated Member

ive never been a fan of s trim i just cant stand that whining noise drowns out a good sounding engine...theres no doubt they make some HP if i was going boost now 2011 i would have to go turbo they sell turbo kits everywhere now prices have come way down.. from what i understand u have right now is afr 165 heads with stock cam, what injectors, and mass air?...... if u had a nice aggresive custom grind cam or even a off the shelf Comp cam or and Anderson cam i think your setup would be much stronger and sound great too!! are u not a fan of NOS cause a good cam and a small dry shot of NOS and your over 400RWHP for not much money............i love NOS... my kit is all hooked up ready to go since my stroker went in almost 2 years ago just never went back for my NOS tune and also car has great power already and no traction i use to have a ball with NOS on my stock engine i use to call NOS my passing gear car was slow without it ran 14.90 @ 96 mph then with my 125 shot ran 12.96 @ 105 mph took 2 seconds off my ET with no other change stock 19lb injectors and stock fuel pump.......i dont think i have more than 800 bucks in all my NOS stuff cheap power
1989 Mustang GT 333 STROKER Probe SRS 4cc flattop pistons, 10.7:1 comp., AFR 185 58cc Heads, Comp NX274HR Cus grind Cam, .550/.570, 70mm Accufab, 75mm PMAS Bullit, 30lb inj, SCTII tune, 4 Bank Eliminator chip, ZEX Nitrous
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm your pusher...

The cam, mass and inj are stock... I know a cam would pickup some power but not 400 to the wheels or better.

NOS equals temp power, as long as I have gas I want my 400 plus to the wheels. Did NOS twice on a Mustang and a VR6 GTi. Never again

I like the whine its a simple sign to those who know, I love the blower on Wes's car. Sounds like its eating small animals all day long LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Truly Dedicated Member

Quote:
The cam, mass and inj are stock... I know a cam would pickup some power but not 400 to the wheels or better.

NOS equals temp power, as long as I have gas I want my 400 plus to the wheels. Did NOS twice on a Mustang and a VR6 GTi. Never again

I like the whine its a simple sign to those who know, I love the blower on Wes's car. Sounds like its eating small animals all day long LOL
i guess u love that whine or hate it im old school love the sound of a badasss NA motor and NOS is temp power.......still is lots of fun!!!....my nephew has s trim on his 347 94 cobra and its just so dam loud i dont know i like the stealth approach thats me.......good luck either way your doing the right thing never can have too much power
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm your pusher...

I am a walk loudly and carry a sledgehammer kind of guy
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Respected Senior Member

Quote:
Yes Glenn... 95 to be exact!
I have quite a bit of knowledge on 95 cars as of course I own one and have been through a number of changes.

Don't worry about the stock block they are good to about 500 RWHP.

I like the T-trim but maybe Vortech's new self contained blower would be better as you would not have to punch a hole in the oil pan.

What intake do you have? If stock, getting a Cobra intake will do wonders for the car, especially with a blower.

The 94-95 computer will come into play as it was crippled over the A9L to pull timing out at every high RPM shift to protect the trans.

There is someting called an Extender, they are not made any longer but you may be able to find one used. It can cure most of the problems inheret to the 94-95 computers.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 AM
HPM Supporting Member

Quote:
definitely a good mentality to have but if you could get a used S Trim for fairly inexpensive, that'll allow you to use that money to beef up other components and do the job right. I'm also not a Turbo fan on a Mustang Whatever you go with, it'll be sick bro, you have good taste when it comes to your vehicles
1989 C3500 Dually
1996 Mustang GT
2014 Fiesta ST
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Truly Dedicated Member

Quote:

well make some noise and slam away